GBEB-R: Staff Conduct
G-0761 ©2015 by Arizona School Board Association GBEB-R
No staff member while on or using ASDB's property, otherwise acting as an agent, or working in an official capacity for ASDB shall engage in:
- Physical or verbal abuse of, or threat of harm to, anyone.
- Causing damage, or threat of damage, to property of ASDB or property of a member of the community or a visitor to ASDB when the property is located on premises controlled byASDB.
- Forceful or unauthorized entry to or occupation of ASDB's facilities, including buildings and grounds.Use, possession, distribution, or sale of alcohol or of drugs or other illegal substances.
- Uses of profane or abusive language, symbols, or conduct.
- Failure to comply with lawful direction of ASDB's officials, security officers, or any other law-enforcement officer, or failure to identify oneself to such officials or officers when lawfully requested to do so.
- The carrying or possession of a weapon on ASDB grounds without authorization from the appropriate administrator.
- A violation of ASDB policies and regulation.Any conduct violating federal, state, or applicable municipal law or regulation.
- Any other conduct that may obstruct, disrupt, or interfere with teaching, research, service, administrative, or disciplinary functions of ASDB, or any other activity sponsored or approved by the ASDB Board.
- Sexual harassment.The admission of, or conviction for, a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude.
- Fraud in securing appointment.Incompetence in their work.Inefficiency in their work.Improper attitudes.
- Engaging in acts of insubordination.
- Acts of child abuse or child molestation.
- Discourteous treatment of the public.Improper political activity.
- Misuse or unauthorized use of school property.
In addition to the foregoing, all staff members are expected to:
- Thoroughly acquaint themselves with the rules, regulations, and other information applicable to them contained within the policies of the ASDB Board.
- Conduct themselves in a manner consistent with effective and orderly education and to protect the students and ASDB property.
- Maintain order in a manner consistent with ASDB policies and regulations.
- Comply promptly with all orders of the Superintendent and the administrator who is their immediate supervisor.
- Dress and maintain a general appearance that reflects their position and does not detract from the educational program of ASDB.
- Comply with the requirement of A.R.S. 15-515 by immediately reporting to the Superintendent or the administrator who is their immediate supervisor:
- A violation of A.R.S. 13-3102 [possession of a deadly weapon on school grounds].
- A violation of A.R.S. 13-3111 [possession of a firearm by a minor without authorization (in Maricopa and Pima Counties and where otherwise adopted by local ordinance)].
- A violation of A.R.S. 13-3411 [possession, use, or intent to sell marijuana, peyote, or dangerous or narcotic drugs, or intent to sell prescription-only drugs in a drug-free school zone(i.e., school grounds and the area within 300 feet and public property within 1,000 feet of school grounds, the area at a school bus stop, and a school bus)].
Any administrator receiving a report of a violation of A.R.S. 13-3102, 13- 3111, or 13-3411 shall immediately report such violation to a peace officer in compliance with A.R.S. 15-515.
Staff members of ASDB who violate these rules are subject to disciplinary action.
Adopted: December 7, 2000