JICH-E: Drug and Alcohol Use by Students
J-3081 ©2004 by Arizona School Boards Association JICH-E
DRUG AND ALCOHOL USE BY STUDENTS
In order to comply with federal funding requirements, ASDB shall:
- Gather information relative to local community drug and alcohol counseling, rehabilitation, and reentry programs that are available to students and make such information available to parents and students.
- Annually distribute a copy of standards of conduct and the statement of disciplinary sanctions that apply to alcohol and drug violations. A copy of all rules pertaining to discipline and suspension, shall be distributed to students, parents, and transfer students at the time of initial enrollment and annually at the beginning of school.
- Indicate in a statement (which could accompany the copy of conduct standard and sanctions) that the use of illicit drugs and the unlawful possession and use of alcohol are wrong and harmful.
ASDB should perform a biennial review of the programs to:
- Ensure that disciplinary sanctions for students are consistently enforced.
- Determine program effectiveness and implement change to the program if needed.