ASDB’s Camp LEAP is geared toward deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind Arizona teens entering grades 8-12 in fall 2020, who are ready for ‘Leadership, Exploration, Advocacy, & Play!’ Throughout this two-week journey campers explore exciting college and career paths, and develop invaluable leadership and self-advocacy skills. At Camp LEAP, campers will engage in dozens of fun activities while forming friendships that will last a lifetime.
June 7-19, 2020
Camp Activities Include:
- Indoor and outdoor recreational activities.
- Self-discovery exercises and team-building.
- Exciting field trips around Tucson, Phoenix, and northern Arizona.
- Classes on career exploration, workplace skills, and professional growth.
Program fee: $200. *Limited scholarships available.
Who can attend: Deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind teens currently living in Arizona who will be entering grades 8-12 in the fall of 2020.
Camp LEAP not only offers opportunities for campers –
Recent High School graduates can apply to work as Counselors in Training (CITs) to gain early work experience in a fun environment with skilled leadership!
- Are you graduating in May 2020? Or did you graduate May 2019?
- Are you looking for an Internship working with Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind teens?
- Do you have camp experience?
- Are you able to communicate with people regardless of their primary mode of communication?
- Are you creative?
- Are you looking for leadership experiences?
Email questions to Camp LEAP Co-Director, [email protected]