ASDB’s Camp LEAP is geared toward deaf, hard of hearing, and deaf-blind Arizona teens entering grades 8-12 in fall 2019, who are ready for ‘Leadership, Exploration, Advocacy, & Play!’ Throughout this two-week journey campers explore exciting college and career paths, and develop invaluable leadership and self-advocacy skills. At Camp LEAP, campers will engage in dozens of fun activities while forming friendships that will last a lifetime.
Camp Activities Include:
- Indoor and outdoor recreational activities.
- Self-discovery exercises and team-building.
- Exciting field trips around Tucson, including the University of Arizona, Tucson Saguaros Baseball Club, and Community Outreach Program for the Deaf (COPD).
- Classes on career exploration, workplace skills, and professional growth.
Program fee: $200. *Limited scholarships available.
Who can attend: Deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind teens currently living in Arizona who will be entering grades 8-12 in the fall of 2019.
Camp staff come from all around Arizona and beyond, and bring with them skills in ASL, Deaf Education, transition techniques from school to work, cultural awareness, leadership, and positive identity development!
- Are you graduating in May 2019? Or did you graduate May 2018?
- Are you looking for an Internship working with Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deafblind teens?
- Do you have camp experience?
- Are you able to communicate with people regardless of their primary mode of communication?
- Are you creative?
- Have you had leadership experience?
- Do you want to build on your leadership experience?
Look no further!
Please send your resume and an email of interest to Camp LEAP Co-Director, Karen.Feldman@asdb.k12.az.us